Three Slovak parishes were established and continue looking after the spiritual needs of our community. These three parishes together with our dance groups, Domovina and Rozmarin, and branches of several Slovak organizations have kept the Slovak community of Windsor alive and active, maintaining a strong sense of religious, social and cultural awareness.
Nativity Lutheran Church, established in 1928 is located at 1396 Langlois at Ellis, where Rev. Rastislav Micovsky is pastor.
St. Cyril & Methodius Roman Catholic Church, established in 1929, is located at 1532 Alexis Rd., corner Seminole St; St. Cyril’s Slovak Centre is across the road at 1520 Chandler St., corner Seminole St.
St. Michael’s Byzantine Catholic Church is located at 2120 Byng Road at Tecumseh and Fr. Martin Vavrak is the parish priest.
Slovak Dance Groups
Windsor also has a Slovak radio program which airs every Saturday at noon at CJAM 91.5 FM web2.uwindsor.ca They keep us informed of upcoming events in our community.